RSS feed for blog Linkin Skype Mail Me Twitter

Stickfight

Razer Deathadder Chrome Sensitivity on Linux

Silly little post and more an aide-memoire than anything, but recently I have been doing a bit of work on a VERY secure site, one that does not permit bluetooth of any form even for such things as mice, resulting in a quick pound down to PC World, after a squint down the rows of mice I realised that wired is really dead and there was none that I would not feel ashamed to use, dead that is apart from serious gaming, in that area there was a very pleasant and quality mouse in the form of the Razer deathadder chroma.

All was fine till I plugged the darn thing in and discovered its ultra sensitivity meant it was nearly uncontrollable and the normal UI sensitivity settings went nowhere near far enough down to make it usable, so back to command line we go.

So first lets get a list of the input devices on the system with:

xinput list


Now lets check this list for the first instance of “Razer Razer DeathAdder Chroma” in the pointers list and get its id number (in this case 12), then change its sensitivity as below, I find a value of 3 takes it down to the same level as a normal mouse

xinput set-prop 12 "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 3



Terminal Screen Shot

There we go, a usable mouse.

Leave Your Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blogs