Model(s): GW Necromunda Bases (all sizes)
Paint(s): Leadbelcher , Chaos Black , pro acryl: Bold titanium White , Iyanden Yellow , Dirty Down: Rust , Abaddon Black , AK – Streaking Grime , Munitorum Varnish , Scale Colour – Metal n’ Alchemy – Speed Metal
- Base coat with Chaos Black, then Leadbelcher
- Paint the raised areas you want to hazard stripe with pro acryl: Bold titanium White
- Then paint the raised areas you want to “hazard stripe” with Iyanden Yellow till nice and yellow (may take multiple layers)
- Cut thin strips of FrogTape masking tape and place over the yellow areas you want to keep yellow.
- Paint the remaining exposed yellow areas with Abaddon Black
- When dry, CAREFULLY peal the masking tape off to expose your hazard stripes.
- (optional) if you want rusty pipe areas, first paint them with Scale Colour – Metal n’ Alchemy – Speed Metal till shiny.
- (optional) Then use Dirty Down: Rust to make them all rusty again.
- Varnish the bases with Munitorum Varnish as AK – Streaking Grime is oil based and will eat your paint.
- Dab AK – Streaking Grime generously all over, particularly in corners.
- leave for AT LEAST 30 mins, then rub the areas you want to still see metal through gently with a lint free cloth (the cheap glasses cleaning cloths are my favourite).
- when happy with the effect, re varnish with Munitorum Varnish to set everything,
Paint Time: 1 hour end to end (quite a bit of drying time)